Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Due date

edited July 2016 in Birth
My baby was born 9 days before the calculated due date. That was great because it was not too early and I didn´t feel like sitting on needles waiting for labour to start. I was still going out for walks and visiting my parents for lunch on the day my boy was born.

Also I imagine when you are past the due date people would keep asking if the baby was here yet, which I´m sure can get quite annoying.

When was your baby born? Before, quite close or after the calculated due date?

Mumofone

Comments

• My son was born five days after the expected due date. I was very nervous and I didn't understand why he hadn’t been born yet. When labour started I was very relieved. The funny part of this story is that my husband was on a business trip before the birth and his flight was cancelled because of a volcano eruption. But because my son's birth was five days later my husband could managed to be there on time.
  • Each of mine have been very close to the estimated due date. I can imagine it is difficult for people who go days and weeks over their due date, but it is estimated and not exact. It seems best to just try to take it all in and enjoy it and let baby come on it's own time, unless there is some likelihood of medical emergency.