Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

When to stop formula or breastfeeding?

edited July 2016 in Nourishment
My boy is now 8 month and he is getting two bottles a day and the rest of the meals are fruit, veg and meat. He seems to be drinking less of his bottle in the evening now so I am thinking about giving him some semolina pudding or rice pudding or something like that instead of the evening bottle.

He likes all foods so far and has lunch with us whatever we are having. I will need to read up on this issue some more as I don’t want to take away nutritions he needs.

Maybe some of you can help me out here and tell me what you think and when you stopped giving your baby formula or breast milk.

Mumofone

Comments

• Does your baby have teeth at 8 months? How many? I was watching a youtube channel of a mother who breastfeeds long-term. There's actually all this evidence that natural weaning age is a lot older than we seem to subscribe to in modern society, but many traditional villages still do. It is said that it's a lot healthier for mum and child to continue until at least 3. I believe that is the same recommendation if they are receiving formula.