Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Breastfeeding or furmula

edited July 2016 in Breastfeeding
Do or did you breastfeed your baby or do or did you give it formula?

I have already decided before I got pregnant that I would rather give him formula for various reasons. I did discuss it with my husband and doctor before giving birth and they gave me a pill after he was here so that I would not produce milk. I have been very happy with my choice although a lot of people will disagree with me. For me the advantages were that I would not have any problems with infections or sore breasts, or not knowing if the baby gets enough milk and most of all my husband and I could organise getting up in the night and feeding our baby better.

We arranged on one night him, one night me, which gave both of us a full night sleep every second day.

What´s your view on this?

Mumofone

Comments

• I hope to be able to breastfeed. It makes me nervous to think of making formula when I'm sleep deprived and it will be much less expensive. I also have been around a lot of breastfeeding mothers and it seems like a great way to force yourself to slow down and take it all in. I need routines like that in my life or I get caught up in the future or the past and miss out on the present. I also like the added health benefits for the baby and myself.