Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

How Long Did You Use Nappies?

My baby is 8 months now and I am wanting to work on getting him off using nappies, at least during the day. With my oldest she was fully potty trained before she was 2, with my middle it took a little longer but we were no longer using nappies during the day around the same age. I have heard that girls are much easier though.

I was wondering what age did your baby stop using nappies and what age did you start working with them on lowering the use of nappies?

Comments

• I'm building up a cloth supply for the first 2-3 years. There are even very nice trainers in cloth that I didn't realize existed. I'm not sure how long they will last being used all the time, but I am trying to build a stash large enough to need to wash only once or twice a week.
  • I stopped using diapers fully for by little girl when she was 1.5 years. She was potty trained by then. I used diaper for her only during nights and for travelling. She used cloth nappies during the daytime. I used to change it every time when it gets wet. I had to change it some 10-15 times a day from 9 am - 9 pm. She never had any rashes or infection.